Two rival writers.
One prestigious publishing contract.
A bargain of hearts and desire.
They say never bargain with the fae. They also say don’t get drunk on fae wine. Yet twenty-nine-year-old spinster Edwina Danforth has managed a blunder with both on her first visit to the infamous faelands. Now the author is trapped in a magic-fueled bet she barely remembers with a man she’d be happier to forget. The terms? Whoever can bed the most lovers during their month-long dueling book tour wins a coveted publishing contract.
The win should be easy for Edwina. She’s known for penning scintillating tales of whirlwind romance. There’s just one problem: her imagination vastly exceeds her bedroom experience. But when failure means plummeting her career back into obscurity, losing isn’t an option.
Her handsome fae rival, William Haywood, poses an even greater challenge. Not only are his looks as aggravatingly perfect as his track record behind closed doors, but he has his own reasons for playing to win, and he won’t go down without a fight. Unless, of course, it’s a different kind of going down. In that case, he’s fair game.
Edwina and William clash in a rivalry of romance. But what happens when their objects of desire…turn out to be each other?
A Rivalry of Hearts is a steamy standalone adult fantasy romcom in the Fae Flings and Corset Strings series. Every book in the series can be read on its own in any order and ends with a HEA. If you like academic rivals, enemies to lovers, and quirky heroines, then you’ll love this sizzling tale.
The Fae Flings and Corset Strings series is set in the same world as The Fair Isle Trilogy and Entangled with Fae. Journey back to this beloved fae world or fall in love for the first time.
***This page contains affiliate links to Amazon, which means if you click the “Buy on Amazon” links or button, I’ll receive a small commission. Thank you for the support!
FAQ – All about A Rivalry of Hearts and the Fae Flings and Corset Strings series!
Q: What is the release date of A Rivalry of Hearts?
- The preorder release date will be set for June 2024, which is a placeholder date. It might come out earlier than that. Since I have another book to write (Prophecy of the Forgotten Fae Book Three) before I can start this one, I don’t have a firm release date at this time, but I anticipate April 2024.
Q: Does this new series mean the Entangled with Fae series is over? Or will you write more?
- Entangled with Fae is not over! It is an ongoing series and I have no plans to end it any time soon. I don’t have the next book plotted yet, nor do I have it up for preorder, but I am almost positive it will be a Rapunzel retelling. I plan on releasing the next Entangled book in 2024.
Q: Why did you start a new series set in Faerwyvae instead of just adding A Rivalry of Hearts to the Entangled with Fae series?
- Earlier this year, I had an idea for a book that was so tantalizing I couldn’t get it out of my mind. Even though it’s set in Faerwyvae, I realized the story wouldn’t quite fit my Entangled series. Firstly, it isn’t a fairytale retelling. Secondly, it was going to feature adult characters and slightly more mature content. (I’ll go into more details in the next question.)
Q: What makes the Fae Flings and Corset Strings series different from Entangled with Fae?
- Fae Flings is adult fantasy romcom, where Entangled is new adult fairytale retellings. Fae Flings features adult main characters in their mid-to-late twenties.
- Fae Flings will not be fairytale retellings.
- The stories will be focused less on royals and large stakes that impact the fae courts and more on the romance/small scale personal stakes. -The settings will revolve more around the workplace or common working class settings than fae courts and palaces (though royals/palaces/grand manors will still be present!)
- The books will have slightly more spice and more adult language.
Q: Are there any similarities between Fae Flings and Corset Strings and Entangled with Fae?
- Yes! Fae Flings contains much of what you love about Entangled!
- Same banter, humor, and HEA endings.
- Same Victorian/Edwardian inspired setting and time period.
Q: Will there be any crossover characters between Entangled with Fae and Fae Flings and Corset Strings?
- The main character of A Rivalry of Hearts is the author of the Governess in Love series that Gemma reads in Curse of the Wolf King. Gemma will likely make a cameo!
- A side character from A Dream So Wicked (Monty Phillips) will star in the first two books. In the first, he’ll interact with the main characters in a similar way that he does in A Dream So Wicked. In the second book, he will get his HEA.
Q: How long will the Fae Flings and Corset Strings series be?
- For now, I have plans for two books, but I intend for the series to be ongoing.
Q: What books/films/series inspired you to write A Rivalry of Hearts?
- Similar books would be: The Hating Game, Emily Wilde’s Encyclopedia of Faeries, and The Undertaking of Hart & Mercy.
- Inspiration for the main couple comes from Anne & Gilbert (Anne of Green Gables/Anne with an E) and Elizabeth & Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
- The main inspiration, however, was a random “what if” scenario that I had, where I began daydreaming about what it would be like if the author of Gemma’s favorite series came to visit Faerwyvae. And that spiraled into “what if she got to experience a romance similar to the ones she writes about?” and now here we are lol.