I’m Tessonja Odette, author of new adult romantic fantasy and fantasy romance. I especially like to write books about brooding fae royals and the feisty women who hate-to-love them. I’m also obsessed with elemental magic, unique fantasy worlds, and a multitude of magical creatures. See all books I’ve written here.
In addition to writing, I am a multi-passionate creative with a ton of artistic hobbies (sometimes too many). I believe in the importance of following your joy, and hope to inspire others to live their dreams.
My Writing Story
I wanted to be a published writer ever since I wrote my VERY first draft of my very first novel at age 18. However, like 99.9% of ALL first drafts, it was NOT ready for publication back then. Not realizing this was perfectly normal, I felt discouraged and shrank away from my dreams as I went on to navigate the minefield of my twenties. Even though I did continue to write and work on revising and improving that first manuscript, I also continued to take on layers of self-doubt.
But like many a heroine’s journey, I reached a point when I realized it was time to make a choice. Did I want to be a writer, or not? YES! Was I going to let self doubt and fear hold me back for one more day, one more year, or one more minute? NO! To be honest, the answer was more like a…no?…at first, but I eventually got to a HELL NO.
While that sounds like a heroic moment, in reality it felt more like a slow dance of two steps forward, three steps back. But now I understand that’s the journey. Even after several published books, I still go through cycles of self doubt, fear, anxiety, elation, joy, and all the proud and not-so-proud moments in between.
Writing is a dream come true and I love sharing my stories with my readers.
When I’m not writing, reading, petting animals, watching k-dramas with my husband, or having dance parties with my daughter, I enjoy my other hobbies as an artist and musician. I love to play the ukulele and guitar, sing, meow at my cat, create character art and maps, and numerous other creative projects I pick up along the way.
- Who is my headshot photographer? Kathryn Louise
- Who is my cover artist for the original editions of To Carve a Fae Heart/To Wear a Fae Crown/To Spark a Fae War? Parker Book Design.
- Who is my cover artist for the current illustrated botanical editions of To Carve a Fae Heart/To Wear a Fae Crown/To Spark a Fae War? Me!
- Who is my cover artist for the Fair Isle Trilogy Complete Series Collection? Me!
- Who is my cover artist for the Entangled with Fae series? Me!
- Who illustrates my maps, chapter headers, and character illustrations under the dust jackets of my hardcover editions? Me!
- Who is my cover artist for A Throne of Shadows and the other Prophecy of the Forgotten Fae books? Covers by Combs.
- Who is my cover illustrator for Shadows of Lela and Veil of Mist (*no longer published)? Merilliza Chan
- Who is my cover illustrator for Shades of Prophecy and Princess of Thorns (*no longer published)? NibelArt
- Who is my cover artist for Twisting Minds? Emily Wittig Designs
- Who is my editor? Kristen Portillo
- Where can I find your hardcover editions with with pretty character art under the dust jacket? My hardcover books are available on most online retailers, including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Book Depository, as well as my Etsy shop. All editions will be the same no matter where you get them (the only difference between regular retailers and Etsy is my Etsy ones come signed)
Q&A SESSIONS / INTERVIEWS
- SEPTEMBER 2020 Q&A
- Entangled with Fae FAQ and Worldbuilding page
- Interview with Manybooks – July 2021 – Curse of the Wolf King – Slow burn romance, wolf shifters, and brooding fae royals
For all inquiries, questions, and comments, please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find me here on social media: