If you’re here, then you’re curious about the Lela Trilogy vs Prophecy of the Forgotten Fae. Long story short, the Lela Trilogy is the very first series I wrote. Over the years, I grew as a writer, and my heart ached for the unrealized potential the Lela Trilogy could have had. There were so many things I’d have done differently were I to write that series all over again. So instead of just lamenting about it…I did exactly that! That doesn’t mean the originals weren’t good. It just means I KNEW I could make them better. So while Prophecy of the Forgotten Fae is now my official and preferred version of the story, some of my readers still want to know the full details about how the two series compare.
Well…I’ll tell you!
FIRST OFF, SOME QUICK LINKS:
- Prophecy of the Forgotten Fae is available here as each book is released sequentially in 2022-2023: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XSWXN2F
- The Lela Trilogy, on the other hand, has been unpublished. It is currently only available in audiobook format.
Now, onto the questions…
WHEN IS THE LELA TRILOGY GETTING UNPUBLISHED?
- The Lela Trilogy was unpublished in April 2022 and is no longer available for purchase, aside from audiobook.
WHEN WILL THE PROPHECY OF THE FORGOTTEN FAE TRILOGY BE PUBLISHED?
- A Throne of Shadows: May 2022
- A Cage of Crystal: January 2023
- A Fate of Flame: Fall/Winter 2023 (official date TBA)
DO I HAVE TO READ THE LELA TRILOGY TO READ/UNDERSTAND PROPHECY OF THE FORGOTTEN FAE?
- No. Since Prophecy of the Forgotten Fae is a fully expanded and rewritten version of the Lela Trilogy, it is meant to be read instead. Prophecy of the Forgotten Fae is now considered my preferred and official version of the story and stands alone as a complete trilogy.
I ALREADY OWN THE LELA TRILOGY ON EBOOK/AUDIOBOOK. WILL PROPHECY OF THE FORGOTTEN FAE AUTOMATICALLY REPLACE IT?
- No, since the new editions will be published as brand new books, they won’t be attached to the originals in any way. If you own the originals in any digital format, they will remain as they are now.
I ALREADY READ THE LELA TRILOGY. DO I HAVE TO READ PROPHECY OF THE FORGOTTEN FAE TOO?
That’s up to you! Readers who have read both have told me how much they love the new version of the story! If you’re having trouble deciding if you’d like to read Prophecy of the Forgotten Fae, see my question below where I define the differences between the two series.
WHAT FORMATS WILL PROPHECY OF THE FORGOTTEN FAE BE AVAILABLE IN?
- The Prophecy of the Forgotten Fae trilogy will be available in ebook, paperback, and hardcover. It will eventually release on audiobook in the future.
WHAT EXACTLY ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN LELA TRILOGY AND PROPHECY OF THE FORGOTTEN FAE?
In comparison to the Lela Trilogy, Prophecy of the Forgotten Fae has:
- Brand new beautiful typography covers designed by Covers by Combs.
- Brand new character art illustrated by me (which will be featured on the naked hardcover AND available as prints in my Etsy shop)
- Brand new titles for each book in the trilogy.
- Fully expanded, restructured, and rewritten. You can think of the Lela Trilogy as an outline for Prophecy of the Forgotten Fae. Many of the key events are there, but the execution is very different. Some scenes and events have changed entirely.
- Backstories are richer, the world building is deeper and more complex, and the characters are more defined.
- Some name or spelling changes.
- Each book is 30-60% longer than the original.
- 3rd person POV.
- More emphasis on fae.
- More emphasis on romance. The primary couple’s romance is slow burn and spans multiple books. The romance for both couples has more angst and a touch of steam (on the steamy end of fade-to-black.)
- Improved style, voice, and prose.
WILL YOU HAVE AN OMNIBUS OF THE COMPLETE SERIES?
- I will likely create an omnibus edition of the complete series, however I have no plans set in stone as for when that will be.
I hope that answers most of your burning questions! Stay tuned for release updates by following me on Instagram, signing up for my newsletter, or joining my Facebook Reader Group.