I’m Tessonja Odette, author of upper YA/NA romantic fantasy and fantasy romance. I have been writing fiction since I was a child. My wild imagination, my love for magical things, and my fascination with the great unknown led my writing into the realm of fantasy.
I write books about fierce heroines, elemental magic, and swoon-worthy romance. I especially love writing books about the fae and other magical creatures. See all books I’ve written here.
In addition to writing, I am a multi-passionate creative with a ton of artistic hobbies. I believe in the importance of following your joy, and hope to inspire others to live their dreams.
My Writing Story
I wanted to be a published writer ever since I wrote my VERY first draft of my very first novel at age 18. However, like 99.9% of ALL first drafts, it was NOT ready for publication back then. Not realizing this was perfectly normal, I felt discouraged and shrank away from my dreams as I went on to navigate the minefield of my twenties. Even though I did continue to write and work on revising and improving that first manuscript, I also continued to take on layers of self-doubt.
But like many a heroine’s journey, I reached a point when I realized it was time to make a choice. Did I want to be a writer, or not? YES! Was I going to let self doubt and fear hold me back for one more day, one more year, or one more minute? NO! To be honest, the answer was more like a…no?…at first, but I eventually got to a HELL NO.
While that sounds like a heroic moment, in reality it felt more like a slow dance of two steps forward, three steps back. But now I understand that’s the journey. Even after several published books, I still go through cycles of self doubt, fear, anxiety, elation, joy, and all the proud and not-so-proud moments in between.
Writing is a dream come true and I love sharing my stories with my readers.
When I’m not writing, reading, petting animals, watching k-dramas with my husband, or having dance parties with my daughter, I enjoy my other hobbies as an artist and musician. I love to play the ukulele and guitar, sing, meow at my cat, create character art and maps, and numerous other creative projects I pick up along the way.
- Who is my photographer? Kathryn Louise
- Who is my cover illustrator for Shadows of Lela and Veil of Mist? Merilliza Chan
- Who is my cover illustrator for Shades of Prophecy and Princess of Thorns? NibelArt
- Who is my cover artist for Twisting Minds? Emily Wittig Designs
- Who is my cover artist for the Fair Isle Trilogy single titles? Parker Book Design.
- Who is my cover artist for the Fair Isle Trilogy Complete Series Collection? Me!
- Who is my cover artist for the Entangled with Fae series? Me!
- Who is my editor? Kristen Portillo
Q&A SESSIONS / INTERVIEWS
- SEPTEMBER 2020 Q&A
- Entangled with Fae FAQ and Worldbuilding page
- Interview with Manybooks – July 2021 – Curse of the Wolf King – Slow burn romance, wolf shifters, and brooding fae royals
For all inquiries, questions, and comments, please contact me via email at email@example.com
You can also find me here on social media: